How I Pinterest my Day!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Its that time of year again! All these fun holidays that come in a row during this time of year is the only reason that makes winter bearable! I'm so excited for all the holidays this year not only because I need some sort of break from school but also its our first holidays as a married couple! The only problem is that I am so excited so I want to decorate, make lots of yummy treats, and do lots of fun things...but I don't want to spend the money on it. hhmm...its kinda tricky. For Halloween we decided to make our own cheesecloth ghosts decorations. They didn't turn out so well but we had fun making them!

The End results: They were so floppy we had to support them with other things! haha!

We had a good Halloween weekend though we did not carve a pumpkin or dress up!!!! LAME I KNOW!!! I was actually very sad about this and Taron has had to hear quite a bit about it from me. lol. (we do have a really good idea for next year though!) But we did go to our ward Halloween party and make a Halloweenie Dinner!
They had lots of fun snacks to eat at the ward party!
Taron was ready to play all the fun games but not very many people would play because they were all boring married people. But eventually Taron got others excited and he got a game started and we won some cakes in the cake walk!!!
There was also a kid dressed up like Nacho Libre! It was hilarious!!!


Our Halloweenie dinner was my favorite part! We made mummy hotdogs, witches punch, green applesauce, bone breadsticks and cinnamon rolls! It was so fun to make and so yummy! We invited Todd and Kristen over for dinner because we had to show off our Halloween skills!

I thought it turned out pretty good. The applesauce looks really gross green because its homemade so its chunky! After dinner we went over to Jason and Angi's house and watched The Burbs. Ive never seen it before and so it was lots of fun! They also had lots of yummy treats for us to snack on.

We also got a new couch on Halloween day!!! Well we have a couch for a little bit I guess. We are couch sitting Todd and Kristen's couch while they are couch sitting for somebody else. So once Todd and Kristen have to give theirs back we do to. It takes up a lot of space in our living room but its so nice to have a couch!!!!! I just didn't know what I was missing until we got one! It is wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your yummy looking Halloween dinner!!! We do a lot of the same foods!! And double yay for your couch!! When are you guys coming down for Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!

    Next time you want to make ghosts...use liquid starch! You can get it in the cleaning products aisle you can use it as is, or add a little bit of water to make it go farther, but it definitely works best for art projects. It's in a blue jug, and is pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete