How I Pinterest my Day!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Small Town Girl Hits the Big City!


Taron took me to L.A. for the day. Although I would never like to live in a big city I love visiting them! It gets me excited to see all the people everywhere and the big flashy buildings! Mixed in with an incredible amount of traffic first pulling into L.A. I had to wonder how many of these cars were just as excited to visit the big city as I was! Or was it just a part of their daily routine? I wondered if anyone was on their way for an audition or a job interview doing something exciting. We started our day off by first visiting Hollywood. I felt fancy walking down Hollywood Blvd-imagining I was someone famous, or at least imagining I was just someone fancy enough to be walking down Hollywood Blvd. It was fun to see the hand prints and names of all the famous stars! I stood where Steven Spielberg stood and touched the very same ground his hand touched! I took a picture next to John Travolta for mom. =) I wanted to take a picture with Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper in front of the Chinese Theater but Taron wouldn't let me because they wanted money for it. He thought they were just ripping people off but I was one of those suckers who didn't care because how often does a girl get to play in Hollywood! By the time we got to see the Hollywood sign it was too dark to take any pictures but at least now I can say I've seen it! Next we went to the L.A. temple to see all the Christmas lights. It was nice to slow down and enjoy something beautiful and pure compared to all bustle and the sketchy stuff in Hollywood. Next we walked down Promenade in Santa Monica to look at all the street performers and shops ending the night with a moonlit walk on the beach. Ok, maybe it was more the glow of an overly polluted sky rather than moonlight-but a moon was still visible. It was a really good day!


5 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a fun time! I didn't realize it was your first time! I guess that's just something we southern Californians take for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two had a blast. Hopefully, I'll be seeing you soon. I'll be calling. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun. L.A. has some fun things to look at and do. next time you visit we will have to find more of them for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam! I'm glad you found me in the blog world! It was great to see you guys again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?????!!!!!! SPIELBERG??????!!!!!! AND YOU DIDN'T TELL YOUR BROTHER?????!!!!!!! YOU DIDN'T BRING YOUR BROTHER??????

    ReplyDelete