How I Pinterest my Day!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Places

The other day Taron and I found ourselves standing on an empty stage in front of an empty auditorium. That night he found out something about me that I realized most people don't know, so I thought I'd share it. I love the theater! I love everything about it! Whether I'm sitting in the audience watching others or up on stage performing myself...it just does something to me all the way down to the tips of my toes. I can't explain the excitement and energy it gives me. Performing, dare I say it, gives me an even bigger rush than blocking a girl's shot in a high-intensity basketball game... ok...maybe I'm not so sure about that because it feels REALLY GOOD! But I do think its even safe to say that I love the theater even more than I love playing sports or making art. Well maybe tied with sports. I bet you didn't know that! Theater, art, playing sports, musicals, a good fairy tale, the mountains and the TV show Pushing Daisies are a few of my happy places. So standing on that stage, looking out over the empty chairs, I couldn't help but imagine that I was a star! I could see my audience, and they LOVED me! It brought back my happy memories of the few times I have had the chance to perform. Haha I also couldn't help but belt out a few Momma Mia and Greece songs probably much to Taron's horror as my voice echoed through the empty auditorium (but no doubt it was not an empty building.) It felt GREAT! I think I was meant to be a Broadway star!

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! I too feel the same way about theater, except maybe not quite as much as you! I've performed a little when I was younger, and it was scary, yet fun at the same time. Watching a theatrical performance really does something for me though...Maybe it's just my experience with the performing arts (I've been in band my whole life), or the work that I did behind the stage...who knows?! It's awesome though! And I totally agree with you about sports too! I've played basketball, volleyball, soccer, and been on cross country and swim team. I LOVE sports and the adrenaline that comes from them! Awesome!! This was fun to read and get to know you a little better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing girl.... You are and always have been my happy place! I am am blessed mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sami! i loved that night. I knew you loved it but i didn't really know how much. That night i saw dreams in your eyes...i saw in your eyes the packed auditorium and the cheering crowd. I saw how happy you were, and you were beautiful. I'm so happy I'm your boyfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to cry at Taron's post! I had this whole thing planned to write, but all I have to say is that is too cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sam. This was a really neat thing to read. To hear the excitment you felt. Tarons post is really sweet. It is neat thing to see that in someone you love. I am glad you shared this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you've lied to us all these years...

    ReplyDelete