How I Pinterest my Day!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

What a week for visitors! =)

This past week and a bit Matt came to Rexburg for Kevin's baby blessing and stayed with us for a few days. It was lots of fun to actually have some time with Matt to myself for a little bit and play! We even played a game of tennis. Its been a long time since I've played an actual game of tennis. Matt won, but I held my own! It was so much fun I could have played all day! We also went to the ropes course and climbed the tower. I am terrified of heights but every time I climb I get a little less scared. My goal is that by the end of the summer I won't be afraid at all anymore!






We had a few days after Matt left then last Friday I walked out of work and what did I see!


Hahaha at first I thought it was just a random person decided to decorate a random car since Taron and I have been married for 10 months. But then I realized that the Salt Lake Express is pretty out of the way to just decide to decorate on random and I started thinking about all the suspicious texts I've been getting from Vanessa earlier today that didn't seem quite so suspicious before. I was so excited all the way home thinking "please be vanessa! Please BE Vanessa! Please be VANESSA! PLEASE BE VANESSA!"

And sure enough...It was Vanessa! =)

I was confused by all the decorations at first. I didn't' make the connection to my car till Vanessa exclaimed it's for your bridal shower! =) Haha ten months late...but I was so surprised! Thanks Vanessa for surprising me and for the wonderful wonderful weekend! Your the BEST! =D

Taron hates all the balloons in our house. I insisted on keeping them because they are so fun! We only popped them yesterday because Bishop was coming over and there wasn't room for him to come walk in and sit! Plus Taron really wanted to get rid of them by then!

Wingers to celebrate my "engagement!"


Then we went to the drive in and a storm passed right over us. There was lightning all around us in all directions! It was really cool and it was hard to watch the movie while we were surrounded with bright flashes.


Then on Saturday Vanessa took me to my very first professional massage! It was wonderful! But I did not like it when she massaged my feet. And I was a little bit nervous to be naked in front of a stranger that wasn't a doctor....

Bike Ride!


Institute Party.


It was really fun to have some people here to play with and it was fun to have my first real official guests who stayed longer than 24 hours at my house. I wish all my favorite people could all live in the same place as me so I would have them always to play with and have adventures! =)

5 comments:

  1. Umm . . . yes please! :) Sounds like a lot of fun. We need to do something soon when I get back to Utah.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Visitors are always good!! And I LOVE massages!! My friend went to school for that and practiced for awhile before she had kids. It's a little less weird when you know the person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun!! Sometime I need to find out where you live since we live in the same town and don't see each other. Maybe we should do something. Hope things are going good for you. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam you are the cutest person ever! So glad you had fun with your visitors!

    I LOVE massages too! What was it about your feet you didn't like? I love having my feet rubbed. But I also have arthritis from my accident so rubbing it out feels great!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess-Yes! Yes! Yes! Lets play! I miss you!

    Aimee-Now that you mention it, I actually might think it would be a little more weird for me to know the person. Well I guess it depends on how well I know them. I think I would rather it be a total stranger or someone I was so super close to it didn't matter.

    Melissa!-ok give me a call!

    Stacey- I've never really been comfortable with people touching my feet...ever. Well thats an understatement, I hate people touching my feet. I've gotten ok with Taron touching them but I can not handle him rubbing them! And this massage lady went back to my feet inbetween everything she did. I should have told her to avoid my feet but I kept thinking she was done and moving on to the next thing, but then she would go back to my feet again!

    ReplyDelete