How I Pinterest my Day!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ari's Baby Shower

My co-worker, Shanna, and I threw a baby shower for our other co-worker Ari who is due in August and I just wanted to show off our awesome decorations! =) We were pretty proud of ourselves.


We had a clothes line with diapers, onesies, and bibs. And of course streamers and balloons.

The table was my favorite part! Look how fancy! (I made the diaper cake and real cake among bringing other stuff)


This was Ari's cake I made. It was a disaster! I thought it was a super cute idea but it was way too hot in our apartment, really hot weather plus our oven was on baking cupcakes. The icing was impossible! SOOO melted and runny! So the end result really didn't look all that great.

Shanna, Ari and I

All in all the baby shower turned out pretty well. Ari had a lot of friends and family who came for her special day and brought gifts. We really didn't play any games (we only planned a few) because everyone was so social. Congratulations Ari! =)

Blog Post Part 2: War of the Worlds

End of last week there was a HUGE fire that burned something like 109 thousand acres. And this is the result Rexburg got. It was really weird because we didn't smell any smoke at all. The air was just very thick with dust (it was also extremely windy that day) and then there was this huge ominous cloud over Rexburg and we were sure it was the end of the world. (We didn't know there was a fire yet.)

I don't know if you can tell in this pic but this was how drab and dusty it was. The whole world turned brown and gross.

It felt a little too much like that scene in War of the Worlds when the storm first comes and everyone runs out to the backyard to watch and take pictures. Everyone in Lexington was outside gawking, pointing and taking pictures of the sky. It was weird.

4 comments:

  1. Craziness with the sky!! That would be kind of scary!

    What a cute shower!! I had blocks like for my cake with T.J.! The lady who made my used fondant, I think. (for future reference maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from fondant. I think its gross and I think the icing on cakes should be yummy and edible ;)Thanks for the tip though! I really think it would have worked if I took everything to the church and worked in an air conditioned building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a lucky friend! Such a darling shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I've never used it, but the stuff she used on my cake tasted really good...?? Maybe it was something else though...

    ReplyDelete