How I Pinterest my Day!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chosen Generation

I am reading a book called No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri dew right now and I had some thoughts that I had to write down but I don't have my journal with me. So please bear with me because I needed to write it down somewhere and my blog was the most convenient place at the moment.

In this part of my book, she is speaking about how we are called here at this time to be the chosen generation. Nothing new, although its always nice to hear, I've heard this before. But then one line stood out to me. "Repeatedly Gordon B. Hinkley has told the youth and young adults of the Church that they are 'the best generation we have ever had' and the trend wont stop.

August will be our year anniversary and naturally the question has started to form of when we are ready to start having kids. I am absolutely thrilled to think that this can be a possibility whenever we want, I have always loved my children, not even knowing yet who they are and I am finally in a phase in my life where all my day dreams about being a mother is actually tangible when we decide it to be. As happy as the thought of children make me, the thought of being a mother to teenagers stops me short. I am absolutely terrified of raising teenagers! I went through my own little rebellion in high school and I am terrified of not only passing this on to my own children, but just the plain fact that the world is getting worse and worse and Satan is pulling out all his best sneaky tricks. Of course this fear never has had me consider not having children, I couldn't stand it. But I also can't stand the thought of having teenagers, I physically just can't think about it. But when Sherri Dew said in her book "...and the trend wont stop." All the sudden it didn't feel so scary to have teenagers. I know there is always the possibility of my children making terrible decisions but at least now I don't feel as if they are doomed. In fact, they may even be great! Our children (either future or already here) are also a chosen generation and probably are even more specially chosen than we were to withstand this ever increasingly sinful world.

I don't know, the thought just comforted me.

3 comments:

  1. One little thing that you may have forgotten...Heavenly Father did save the most valiant of souls for the last days. You, my sweet Samantha are one of those spirits. We also experience things so that we can pass on our wisdom to those around us. You will be a wonderful mom, with lots of support. Very special little ones will be sent to you and how blessed I feel that you are taking this so seriously. Don't live your life in fear of the unexpected. Some one really wise named her blog "Find Joy in the Journey!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever do have trouble with your teenagers, I'll come over and bore them to death with something.
    But seriously, you're gonna be a great mother. Runs in your family. Your own mother (I know - she's parented me at times) and your sister Tammy seemed to know the business pretty well. I'd say that Jason is a good example as well, but he's not exactly the motherly type...for obvious reasons. But my point is is you've such a good family to back you up with the whole parenting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, I know my little one might frustrate me to no end, and her being a teenager might be worse, but I am so excited to see who she chooses to become. I know she is WAY better than me and I can't wait to help her all I can.

    Don't be scared about something that is 10-12 years down the road! The terrible 2s are bad enough! ;) Just kidding....kindof...

    ReplyDelete