How I Pinterest my Day!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memories

Not only did we have Monday off from school for Memorial day this weekend but we had Tuesday off as well! Initially I wanted to take full advantage of such a long weekend and escape Rexburg for a few days. My top choice was to go visit Jay and Rachel and the kids in Washington but plane tickets were a little out of my price range so, stuck in Rexburg, I vowed not to waste my long sunny weekend lying around indoors watching movies and doing homework.

Friday: To start of our weekend of fun, Taron took me mini golfing.




Saturday: We wanted to hike all day Saturday with Amy and Tim so we did some research to find out the best places. Turns out most places to hike are at least an hour away so we decided on one of the closest, Mesa Falls, because we heard there was about a four mile hike between the upper and lower waterfalls. We ended up being very disappointed on the hiking aspect. But we did enjoy eating our lunches by the waterfalls! Some other weekend we will venture out farther from Rexburg and do some real hiking!



Since "hiking" didn't take as long as we expected we stopped in a tiny town called Ashton on our way home to check out some of the flea markets that Amy was excited about. It ended up being a success! Taron found this really nice shirt from Hollister for only two dollars and a puzzle for fifty cents! Amy and Tim also found a few prizes themselves. After purchasing our treasures at the flea market we stopped by this old fashioned soda fountain/pizza place and got ourselves some ice cream. We all thought it was a fun place but I think I enjoyed it the most- reminiscing of my days as a soda jerk. I found myself watching the girls as they prepared all the ice cream treats, comparing to how we made them at home. I sure did love that job! =) So our day ended up being completely opposite of the long day of hiking we had planned, but it still was a lot of fun!



Monday: On Memorial day Todd and Kristen invited us to go Kayaking at Egin lake. We ended up not renting the kayaks and just played in the water and roasted hot dogs/smores. It wasn't the sunniest day of our weekend but since the water didn't go past your waist throughout the whole lake thankfully the water wasn't cold at all, just the wind was when you were outside the water. It was a really fun lake to play in but I did not like the little sand crab things that were in the water! Creeped me out-I always thought they were going to go in my shorts.






And Tuesday we went and did baptisms at the temple and helped Amy and Tim move into their new apartment. It was a beautiful sunny day! Plus we got free pizza and a crock pot for helping them out! =)

All in all I think it was a very successful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend--so glad you could enjoy the days off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little afraid to ask, but what is this "Gerti" name all about? It keeps reappearing more frequently it seems.

    ReplyDelete