How I Pinterest my Day!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Celebrate! Celebrate! It's time to Celebrate!

Who would have thought I would turn 24 in West Virginia? Well I sure did, and here are a few pics from the Day!

 What to do on a rainy birthday, no car, and a 10 month old?
....
You eat oreos!













We didn't have any wrapping paper so Taron had to improvise. =) Please note that Calvin's gift to me was wrapped in a diaper.







After Taron came home from work we went to a Mexican Restaurant in Fayetteville called Diogi's. These people themed a whole restaurant around their dogs...a little weird. I usually don't associate eating establishments with animals, but the food was DELICIOUS!!!















And of course there was Mother's Day.

Sunday morning I came down the stairs to my happy surprises! Taron knows just what I like!










Thank you to my mom for your inspiration, strength, and contagious love for life.  Because of you I have learned to see the good and joy in every day things. You taught me the real meaning of integrity. You have shaped and uplifted my life in so many ways.

Thank you to Taron's mom (my mom #2) for raising good boys. The strength you have shown during the different challenges in your life is inspiring.

Thank you to my sister Tammy who taught me to see life full of imagination. The tenderness in which you raise your children is something I strive for.

Thank you to my sister Rachel who is just awesome. I love how energetic and fun you are with your kids and I sure try to be the same way with Calvin!

Thank you to my sisters Carolyn and Alethea who are not yet mothers but are probably better Aunts to Calvin than I am his mother. =)

Thank you to my sisters Stacey, Torri, Sabrina, and Aimee who have always helped me feel a part of the family. I'm excited for all the years to come to get to know each of you better and better!

Thank you to Theresa Harris (my Mom #2 growing up) who wouldn't let me say no to any sport until I gave it a good shot, and who took me on all my adventures.

There are so many women, including many others who I did not mention, that have touched, inspired, and encouraged me. I would be lucky if any of their different qualities have rubbed off in me in any way!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women!

5 comments:

  1. You're so sweet!! Glad you got spoiled! You deserve it! And I love the family picture at the bottom! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I miss you!!!

    You got great movies! And the flowers Are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sami, you are the sweetest! So glad to hear everything is going wonderfully! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MOTHERS DAY one more time! I hope you had an awesome birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love the books you got! I haven't read the last book in that series yet, I need to get on that! I hope you are all doing well and I will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete