How I Pinterest my Day!

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Few Finals

Cake Decorating:
I made myself a daisy graduation cake! =)







Confectionery:
We had to have a theme, made completely out of candy, and include four candies and two garnishes.
My original idea was to make a bunny out of the chocolate basket, I had chocolate ears and everything but after about the tenth try of making the basket part and breaking it every time I changed it to a broken egg. Haha my teacher said it worked great.
Digital Illustration: Happiness Lies Within.
This is a digital painting of our wedding in front of the Sacramento Temple. I scanned in pressed flowers and arranged them with my layout and I also included real pressed flowers in the frame as well. (Please ignore the bad reflection in the framed picture.)











7 comments:

  1. ADORE the melty numbers! genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful cake. You should be so proud. Plus I LOVE the concept and the results of the easter egg. Lovely illustration. It's been quite a while since that semester we were roomies and you were still deciding what you wanted to do and in the beginning stages of illustration/graphic design/art. Good job for you and your accomplishments, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your cake and broken egg! :) They look fabulous!

    Where are his hands?! Was my first though at looking at your picture! ;) But I think it's awesome! Makes me want one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam! I love it all! You truly are SO talented!

    Seriously I think you could make and sell those wedding images! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKay. Where's my daughter Sam? Were you even interested in boiling an egg before you left home? You are AMAZING and so SMART and So BEAUTIFUL. How am I so BLESSED?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your art. I am so happy you are pleased with it too. Anything to do with the subject! :)
    I want to attend the Rexburg Temple when we come for graduation.

    ReplyDelete