How I Pinterest my Day!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Saw the Sign! =)

As everyone knows by now Taron and I have finally decided to be happy together forever! =) Here is my side of the story for those of you who don't know: as most of you do know for quite a while the decision was solely up to me since Taron had made up his mind forever ago what he wanted. This was the biggest stress on me because I felt like everyone was just sitting around holding their breath waiting for me to decide...and this was a BIG decision! It already takes me much longer than normal people to decide anything let alone committing myself to one person for eternity! But after weeks of stressing (which had nothing to do doubts about Taron or our life together) I realized I was finally ready. Last Monday I went to a double birthday party for two of my old roommates and we decorated cupcakes. I had no idea how to tell Taron I was ready so I just made him a cupcake that said "P.s. I'm ready!" And on Tuesday while we were eating lunch in the sunshine I gave it to him. From that moment on something in Taron changed, he was so happy and so cute despite all my anxiety. He wouldn't even eat his cupcake! He just sat there holding it with this goofy smile, I had to force him to eat it! =)

Now I'll tell you what Taron is one speedy man because the next day after I gave him his cupcake he proposed! I knew it was going to come quick but I didn't think it would be that quick!I kinda had a feeling that day that he might propose but also at the same time I didn't know if he could get the ring so fast. I was nervous all day! (I found out later so was Taron) I was also kinda on this crazy emotional roller coaster all day, right before our date I was really excited singing and dancing in the shower! But as soon as we got to the ropes course I thought I was going to throw up! I think it was the mixture of stress, nervousness, not knowing if the proposal was going to happen or not, and the fact i'm scared of heights. As we were climbing the tower I was thinking to myself "he had better not propose because I think I'm either going to thow up or pass out!" After a struggle I finally made it up the tower (which I am very proud of.) Taron let me settle down a bit by just relaxing and chatting at the top of the tower and then he pulled out our lunches and we had a picnic on top of the tower. Taron ate all of his lunch but I think I only ate two bites. He let me relax and calm down some more then pulls out a rope. I was wondering if he was going to tie us together coming down off the tower because I was so scared but he just told me I would see later and threw one end off the side and tied the other to himself. We sat and chatted some more then he started to pull up the rope. Confused, I was wondering if he was pulling up a ring box or something but it looked heavy. And it was a guitar! When we first started dating Taron learned the song "I wanna grow old with you" that Adam Sandler sings in the wedding singer. So its been our special song but he looked the most handsome playing it for me on top of that tower that day! =) After the song he asked me if he could keep me forever and I answered saying yes please! (something else we always say to each other) then as he pulled out the ring he said, "well in that case will you marry me?" and I said "Yes please!"

Its taken me a couple of days for everything to sink in but as more time passes and the more I realize whats actually happening the more and more excited I am getting! Taron is so sweet and wonderful for trying so hard to have the perfect proposal for me and I know he is everything I have ever wanted and more! He surprises me over and over with how great a guy he is, I just admire his personality. (not to mention I think he is so handsome! )And I am excited to start this new part of my life together! =) Thanks everyone for being so sweet and excited for us!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of love to you both!!! Thank you so much for posting the pictures-I love them. I am so excited!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you 'opened up your eyes and saw the sign!' ;-) You and Taron are perfect for each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Married friends! We are both so excited and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You'd have to love my brother to go on that thing. *shudder* I don't do heights either. Congrats to you too Sami! We really are glad you said yes!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check my blog more often! Sam I love it! I am so excited that I don't have to disown Taron and keep you. Now I get to keep you both! We're so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about your crazy cat lady plans? You just going to throw them away?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAHOO, SAM! Brian and I sure miss you and are SIKED that you're married now!!! Taron looks like a keeper for sure!!! (No offense, but I was 1,000 times relieved when I found out you didn't marry whats-his-name you were dating when we were roomies.) I love the way he proposed, too. You two are cute cute cute :)

    ReplyDelete